Protect your business and the environment by recycling with NLR.
Only NLR has the unique combination of experience, expertise, and recycling technology to protect you and your business from liability while ensuring compliance. Back this with our meticulous, in-depth records keeping and superior customer service and we’re certainly the company you’ll want in your corner to recycle your universal waste.
Why Partner with NLR?
- NLR specializes in universal waste.
- Privately owned (we’re accessible and respond to your needs).
- CT’s only DEEP-permitted lamp recycling facility.
- Deal exclusively w/ certified markets for all reclaimed material.
- Lamps are recycled in-house, we’re not a broker.
- We’re covered by $5 million pollution liability and transportation insurance.
- Closure surety in place, your waste will never be your problem again.
- We own and operate our own fleet of vehicles, ensuring timely service.
- Vehicles and drivers fully licensed and permitted to transport hazardous wastes
- Our highly trained staff is available to answer all regulatory requirements related to handling, transporting, and disposing of universal and hazardous wastes.
- We’ll prepare all paperwork, manifests and certificates of recycling and destruction.
- We create a program tailor-made for your needs.
White-glove Truckload Pick-up
Have a recurring stream of universal waste? Enjoy the convenience of an email or call-in to schedule a pick-up, or set up recurring weekly or monthly pick-ups. Recurring pick-ups can be automatically scheduled, no phone call required. Let, NLR’s fully licensed and permitted fleet of vehicles and drivers safely transport your universal waste. Recycling universal waste doesn’t have to be a burden. We do pick-up right.
Businesses of all sizes occasionally run into the situation where they are left with small quantities of various chemical wastes. They would like to dispose of the waste, but may be constrained by the regulations governing hazardous wastes. One solution is to create a lab pack. This is when certified professionals group similar solutions in smaller containers and these smaller containers are placed within a large container for safe shipment. If you find yourself in a situation where you have small amounts of chemical wastes, let NLR’s experts help. If you need a lab pack, we can get it done.
Training and Education
Universal and hazardous wastes are heavily regulated by multiple agencies including the EPA, DOT, and OSHA. The specifics of these regulations and the different categories of waste that can be classified as universal waste are confusing. NLR has the knowledge and expertise to help deepen your understanding of universal waste, decrease your liability, and increase the safe handling of these wastes. If you’re a universal waste handler you’re required to train all employees who handle or manage your universal waste per 40 CFR 273.16 and 273.36.
Ongoing education and training of staff is a necessity for all businesses. NLR can provide fully customized training and education to address all of your compliance and safety needs.
Available Training Programs:
- Universal Waste Management
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Used Oil Management
- OSHA Training
- OSHA General Industry Outreach
- Federal and State Compliance Training
- EHS Compliance Audits
- EHS Procedures and Programs
- Regulatory Guidance
- Hazard Communication
Where your universal waste goes matters.
You’ve worked hard to stay in compliance, appropriately labeling your waste, keeping it in sealed containers, and not keeping it for more than a year. Once you choose a company to recycle your universal waste, it should be out-of-sight, out-of-mind right? With us you won’t have to worry about your waste ever becoming your problem again.
NLR is a destination facility licensed, permitted, and fully insured.
That means once we’ve accepted your waste it is our burden, not yours. We’ll make sure it is recycled promptly and appropriately. Our on-site lamp processing facility is top notch and we process bulbs back down to usable components. For other waste streams we partner with only certified downstream vendors. This means items such as electronics (E-Waste) are managed by standards designed to help ensure the quality, transparency, environmental, and social responsibilities to prevent exploitative practices. For example, if E-Waste is shipped overseas people can be exploited to scavenge raw materials, or child labor can be used to break electronics apart to mine the rare components involved. Our vendors have multiple certifications in place, to ensure universal wastes are dealt with appropriately and both their workers and the environment are protected. It’s about doing it once and doing it right.