Check back for more available positions
Business Office Associate
Our ideal candidate would not just call themselves an associate!
This is an exciting opportunity for several detail-oriented individuals to join the NLR team. The Business Office Associate is an opening for those who have a diverse background in numerous office tasks. This role will provide support in general administration including accounts receivable and billing, customer service and scheduling, order entry, filing and much more!
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Able to take direction and work independently while executing on schedule.
- Can effectively prioritize and adapt in a complex, fast-paced office environment.
- Manage a complex and frequently changing schedule and calendar with tact, sensitivity, and efficiency.
- Prepare and organize materials for service requests.
- Provide clear and tactful communications, timely tracking, and follow up with professionalism and attention to detail.
- Invoicing and data entry using QuickBooks software.
- Accept and process credit card & ACH payments.
- Interfacing with multiple invoicing platforms (QuickBooks, Ariba, Corrigo, Coupa, Paymode-X).
- Exceptional “mastery” working knowledge of all MS Office 365 products.
- Answering and returning phone calls and emails to customers.
- Filing manifests, accounting documents, quotes, and other paperwork.
- Entering, printing, and emailing documents.
- Partners with sales & customer service personnel to maximize service revenue.
- Assist with and may occasionally serve as a back-up to other office staff.
- Anticipate issues and implement initiatives based on changing priorities and commitments.
- Provides a professional and welcoming first impression when representing the company.
- Partner with senior leadership as requested.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects and completes them in a timely manner.
- Performs other essential duties as assigned.
About NLR, Inc.
NLR, Inc. is a privately owned company providing industry leading light-bulb recycling along with universal waste recycling solutions for E-Waste, Batteries, Ballasts & Mercury Devices. Headquartered in East Windsor, Connecticut NLR manages universal waste from companies, universities, municipalities, property management portfolios to name a few, throughout Connecticut, New England, New York, New York City and New Jersey. NLR also offers a sustainable national mail-back recycling program from coast-to-coast.
- Proven 3-5 years of experience within an office environment. 1-3 years’ experience in accounts receivable/office administration.
- Strong communication and people skills. Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to systems including AR, scheduling, CRM, etc.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail in data entry.
- Transportation and logistics experience a plus.
- Associate degree or higher education or commensurate experience.
What do you get?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance benefits.
- 401k benefits.
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
NLR is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org